[Chrysler300] We have a flocking winner !

[Chrysler300] We have a flocking winner !

Hold the calls, we have a winner!  I sure hope y'all enjoyed the trivia
question and topic as much as I did.  Announcing the losers first:

George Clineman: you are WRONG but we won't be taking your 300 away from you
- this time.   Quarter window weatherstrip is not flocked on a 1960, 1961 or
1962 letter car. I believe this was done in earlier years, though.

Ron Fedoryk and Tom Cox and Gary Holm: you are both reprobates and both
WRONG as well; gloveboxes are not flocked in 300F, G or H models.

Dan Reitz: good guess, but not correct. The rear/inside portion of the trans
pushbutton / turn signal switch bezel is painted black, not flocked. Just
checked a NOS one to make sure.

Tony Rinaldi: maybe your nuts are flocked, but nobody else's are, I can
assure you. Neither are the bolts.  And you of all people should know the
answer, Tony, since you own a convertible. Tony, you ARE the weakest link.
'bye....

Joe Gross:  that was funny!  your ex-wife .....  congrats for that one...

Rich Barber:  honorable mention for the reference to Tim Flock. How
appropriate!

And the winner is:  Mike Meyer.   Just goes to show that the 1962 model-year
consultant is really on the ball. The correct answer is:  convertible-only;
rear passenger compartment, plastic covers at very bottom of convertible top
hydraulic piston covers,  under the rear quarter windows (those covers have
both the armrest and interior light sockets attached to them).  These are
flocked black on 300F and 300G convertibles, but are flocked tan (same color
as interior) on 300H ragtops.  Honorable mention to Dave Clelland who also
knew the correct flocking answer.

John Hertog
flockmeister