Re: [Chrysler300] 413 pistons .060 over source?

Re: [Chrysler300] 413 pistons .060 over source?

Pins and rods on a 426 are the same as on a 413 or a 440 for that
matter. Going .070 over or .060 over is maybe pushing it. The block
would need to be sonic checked. Custom 413 pistons can be made that
are oversized to any specification and any compression ratio. Check
out http://www.rosspistons.com

Sean

On Jun 2, 2007, at 9:04 PM, Ray Jones wrote:

> To use 426 pistons, you would have to deal with piston pin location
> and
> rod length compared to stock 413 pistons/rods. Likely the same, but ya
> gotta know.
> Ray
>
> On Jun 2, 2007, at 8:28 PM, John wrote:
>
> From Allpar.com:
>
> "The 413 saw a 4.18 inch hole which directly resulted in an easy leap
> to the NASCAR limit of 426 cubic inches by boring the block to a 4.25
> inch diameter."
>
> So it would seem that 4.25 - 4.18 = .070" - If a 413 block could be
> bored .070" with no problems, standard 426 pistons may be able to be
> used. I've never done this, so I don't know if it's safe to do so.
>
> John Spiers
> Lake Worth, FL

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: