Re:[Chrysler300] Electrical Help

Okay, I'll check all those things tonight.? It just seems strange to me that although I haven't made any changes to the plugs, wires, points, cap, rotor, etc. since I built the car 4 years and 8,000 miles ago, that all of a sudden there is a problem.? One more point that may contribute, my trip to Cleveland is the first time I've used the AC since I assembled the car. On my return trip from the Spring Meet is when I started noticing some differences in the performance, i.e. hard starting when hot.?

-----Original Message-----
From: mocarjoe <mocarjoe@xxxxxxx>
To: MRS954@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:48 pm
Subject: Re: *****SPAM***** [Chrysler300] Electrical Help

I would determine if the ignition has become mis-timed. Get to top dead center of cyl#1 and see if the rotor points to the terminal in the coil with the wire connected to plug #1. Check the wire coming from the points. It goes to ground. Tighten screws inside the distributor. If all that looks OK, try starting on a dark night and look, listen for sparks from the ignition wires. If you have an electrical meter, measure all wires on the plugs. The readings shouldn't be too far off base. If you have resistance wires, longer wires have more resistance. Also you shouldn't be using resistor plugs and resistance wires. Resistor plugs usually have a R in the plug type. My brother had that happen. Problem cleared up when he changed plugs. With the plug wire removed, measure from top of plug to ground. No plug should have ANY resistance to ground at that point. I'll be eager to hear of the solution!?

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: