[Chrysler300] Re: 55 300 question

I don't think I've ever heard any rumblings of Chrysler building any '55 300 convertibles whatsoever.  However numerous times I have heard that there was a small fleet of about six '56 Windsor convertibles outfitted at the factory with 300B front sheet metal and painted in spring-like hues to test public reaction to the idea, or to whet the appetitive of the public for the intended 300C convertible production forthcoming.  The simplicity of creating those few cars from existing Windsor convertibles lends great credence to the story.  Now whether those six (?) had full leather interiors and the dual quad hemi or were standard Windsor interiors and engines I do not know nor were those who talked about the cars able to say.

Now after the factory OF COURSE there have surely been '55 and '56 Chrysler convertibles that over the years were converted by body shops either after accidents or at the request of customers into C300 and 300B convertibles.  I recall two such '55s on the left coast.

There are 1/84 scale models of a '55 C300 convertible on the market.  Think I've seen them now in pale blue, black and red.  These model companies have to go through Chrysler to get approval to use the design patents so Chrysler "approves" them.   Hmmmmmmm.

Never stop searching old garages and barns and following those rumors, no matter how preposterous!

Wayne

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional