Re: [Chrysler300] 60-62 INSTRUMENT NEEDLES

Re: [Chrysler300] 60-62 INSTRUMENT NEEDLES

Hi Ken and All:
The details of the electroluminescent instruments are in the service
manual---in the 1960 manual it is on page 61 of the Electrical Section.  An
explanation of how the system works is there too.

Our Club member, Jeff Carter is the man in Oregon to have redo the  gauges.

I just had to change the non-functioning fuel gauge in my 300F.  The
replacement gauge needle had little of the red paint left, so needed a  repaint.  A
friend here in Tallahassee, Dave Patik who restores mopar  instrument panels
among other things (Performance Car Graphics) just used a  little of the same
paint he uses on any pointers.  All that is necessary is  that the color be
similar to the original and that it not be applied so thick  that the
electrluminescence is blocked.  The paint itself changes the  normal greenish color to
red---nothing more as far as I know.  At night, my  fuel gauge needle looks just
like the other gauges now.

Hope this helps a little
300ly, gil

In a message dated 10/14/2007 7:12:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,