RE: [Chrysler300] Ebay 300F for sale

I "bought" that car eight months ago.  It came up with a $5,650.00 "Buy it
Now" price. The transaction proceeded as follows, all communications by
email of course.

The seller wanted a Western Union Money Order for quick payment.  He named
the Payee, who was identified as an "Ebay Transfer Agent" located in
Michigan.  Then he wanted the Money Order Transfer Code FAXed to him at a
Michigan FAX No.    After receipt of this information he would deliver the
car to me ..where ever I lived.

I went ahead and bought the money order and then told him I would save him
the delivery costs because I would swap him the money order for the car.
The car was supposedly located, that time, in Thousand Oaks, CA.  I live in
30 miles away in Redondo Beach, CA.  That made the deal impossible for him
and of course after a short series of emails, the "deal" ended.

This is why eBay says don't buy using Western Union.  If I had FAXed the
Transfer Code Number, the "Transfer Agent" could have claimed the money at
any Western Union office in Michigan by showing proper ID and having the
correct dollar amount.

When the SCAM was evident, I didn't get much help from eBay, but Western
Union immediately reversed the Money Order I purchased and their fraud unit
refunded the cost of purchasing the Money Order about two weeks after I had
purchased it.

Of course I wouldn't have "Bought It Now" if it hadn't been so close to
home.

The car reappears every so often and I've tried to alert eBay.  Usually
they've stopped the auction before my alert.

Danny Watts

300F & 300G

  _____