[Chrysler300] 300C Dipstick Help Needed

In need of some survey feedback results again regarding 300Cs.   Dave Geise came to me asking the exact length of a correct C dipstick to be sure he has the right reading on the stick in his car.  I've got a parts engine from an Imperial with a broken off stick and none(!) in the unrestored C here at home so I don't have an answer for him.

You and I are expecting ALL '57-58 New Yorkers, 300 Cs and Ds, and '57-58 Imperials would share this dip stick.  BUT NO!  Ahhh, Cs are so much fun.

Up through C engine number 3NE57-3127 (which would be 'around' car # 3N57-3040 ) the parts book calls for a stick with PN 1671 898 and then starting after that engine number to use PN 1671 974.   There was also a change during Imperial production.  NOW, whether the change was about length or handle only length or handle design, I DO NOT KNOW.  We can all hope they didn't decide to change the length of the internal stick as regards the correct oil level in the engine!

Tell me what you come up with in measuring what you have and please provide either the engine number or the car VIN.
What I am asking you to send me is the measurement from the oil pan end up to and including the tube cap that stops the stick from falling in.  Secondarily if you will also measure the length of the handle from the top of the cap out to the top of the curl of the handle.

If you wish to look at this yourself in the parts books, check section 10-03-4 "oil level indicator".

So any of you that would care to measure your dipsticks from any of the aforementioned vehicles, I'll report back the conclusion and add it into the C Handbook.

Thanks as always.  All y'all are part of my research team!

Wayne

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional