Re: [Chrysler300] 300D on ebay, plus couple on non 300s

Re: [Chrysler300] 300D on ebay, plus couple on non 300s

Christopher -
  There is some further discussion on the website www.Forwardlook.net about the yellow 300-D coupe on eBay.  That site covers all the 1955 to 1961 Mopars, so there's a lot of other Mopar stuff you may find of interest.
  John Spiers
  Lake Worth, Florida

christopher beilby <thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You have all seemingly gone very quiet about the 300D with free mice/rat nest/hay around the carbs that went on ebay bout a week ago - yellow car with wrong front seat trim? - that looked like it was white originally by white paint showing around vin tag? Anyone check it out yet ?!

If not interested in that - check out ebay "Stutz Blackhawk" - circa 1970s - Evil Knivel's one ends in next hours, and just days ago, the supposed only Granitelli (sorry I not much good at spelling spaghetti names at this hour) supercharged one sold for fair/good price?! - this mention, since there has been recent Granateeli site talk re 300Fs he did.

And in same vein, as part of my 300C Flying Mile Car research, and in particular 1957 Dayona collecting, July 1957 "Speed Mechanics" has excellent 'post Daytona' assessment of why many cars (except Pontiac and factory preped Fords) at Daytona (namely 300Cs) did not do as well as expected - the 3 plus full pages by performance guru Roger Huntington has great large top shot of 3 300Cs on start line of Beach - the first two entered clearly by name on side, by San Juan Motor Co - has anyone checked early 300C cars to see which two may have gone to them, and where they are today by following/checking vin numbers as per Dealer sent to new? (My Daytona car was in the first 40 300Cs built, so my guess San Juans would be in maybe first 100??!)

I can scan and send article to Club if any interest - it mentions a bit re why 300Cs did not do as well as year earlier's 300Bs, and why big push for banked non beach track likely really got started after '57 event.

Christopher in Australia where Perth capital of Western Australia yesterday got near 120 degrees - it's hottest Dec day ever - this is now headed for rest of southern Australia, but we all had near perfect high 70s xmas and boxing day weather - hope you all had safe and happy Christmases wherever you were

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: