Re: [Chrysler300] Replacing Heads & Gasket Sealer

Re: [Chrysler300] Replacing Heads & Gasket Sealer

Hi Richard,

I didn't think of using gasket sealer for the head gaskets until I read the
service manual and that's what it said.
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1963/FSM/Group09/Page11.htm

I have a set of both steel and one that looks like composite.  I just read
the note with the composite set and it reads do not use sealer.  Maybe this
sealer was only used for the older steel gaskets?  I am thinking of using
the steel gaskets.

FYI, I am using the newer style, open-chamber heads that I was told are
desirable for the gas these days.
The head surface was machined to guarantee flatness.

Thanks,
Mark