  From: Ryan Hill
  To: Michael Reed ; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; Dave Schwandt
  Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 13:23
  Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Fw: Information on Buying Gas.

  While true, 77 degrees does seem high for a fixed temperature on compensating pumps, 43 degrees as a mean anual temperature for the country is misleading. Most of Canada's population live (and pump gas) within 150 km of our southern border where the mean temperatures are significantly higher.

  When I'm pumping gas into my Chrysler 300 (to keep loosely on topic), how does a compensating gas pump work? If the ground temperature is relatively static, and must be well below 77 degrees once stored, is it taking an air temperature reading and compensating for the difference or always assuming the air temperature is at 77 and compensating for the difference between the fuel temperature and 77 degrees?

  Ryan