Re: [Chrysler300] 1955-56 Chrysler 300 Sill Plates

Re: [Chrysler300] 1955-56 Chrysler 300 Sill Plates

 Hi Rich and other C300 and 300B owners, (and DeSoto & Imperials too!)

The finish on the door sill plates are as original. Not anodized but rather a clean matt to semi-gloss appearance that comes from smashing a plate of aluminum with a gazillion pounds of pressure between two dies! Just like they were made in 1955-56. (Natural oxidation over many years will? change them to dull) I would recommend the complete set of all 4 pieces (2 plates plus 2 fillers) to have the gateway to your interior really look sharp.

As for the clips that sometimes hold them together.------ I have seen them stapled, held together with clips, and also without anything at all. I prefer nothing at all as the screws are more than sufficient to hold the two pieces in their proper place next to each other. I am also including with the plates, a set of the correct phillips truss head screws in stainless steel to have them look nice when installed.

A description and a picture of the sill plates is up on the 300 Club website. Two pictures with click on closeups can also be seen on the WPC Club link below.

http://www.chryslerclub.org/reproduction.html

This project has taken a very long time to complete, in part because I have insisted that these reproductions must be exactly as NOS originals. They will be available in April but will take reservations for sets by contacting me. (No money until ready to ship).

I hope this answers some questions that Rich and others may have. If not, drop me a line.
Thanks,
John Cote