[Chrysler300] Spring 2008 Chrysler 300 meet

[Chrysler300] Spring 2008 Chrysler 300 meet

Greetings from the snowy Northwoods,

There are lots of snow-related activities underway here and no sign of winter letting up.  It still sort of surprises me how quickly and regularly the lake ice goes out (2-3 days time and 1-2 weeks either side of April 15), the snow melts, and hardy souls are swimming on Memorial day.  So, the weather will be great by May 28, 2008.

This weekend there was a big crowd for Klondike Days in Eagle River.  Saturday night Barb and I watched about 2200 people ski or snowshoe 6 miles across Lake Superior from Ashland to Washburn (Book across the Bay).

This next Saturday is the Birkie X-country Ski race from Cable to Hayward, WI (northwest area).  About 7000-8000 people ski in this 31 mile race.  It is a spectacle.

http://www.birkie.com/?page=1046

If you still are wondering what the Northwoods is like you might want to rent the 1988 movie, The Great Outdoors, with Dan Aykroyd and John Candy.  It is about 2 Chicago families vacationing in the Northwoods.  You will get some laughs.

Please don't hesitate to email me or call (715-272-1837) if you have any questions about the Spring meet and need any detailed information.

Best regards,

Carlton

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: