From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of RAKFAR@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:59 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Re:61G Engine Decal Information

This brings up a pet peeve of mine--- placement of the yellow air cleaner
decals on 300F's (and I presume 300G's are the same).

Almost everybody wants to put both air cleaner yellow decals
facing front, so they are visible. This is simply NOT CORRECT. Left & right
air
cleaners are identical, and the decals were put on BEFORE the air cleaners
were installed on the motor, which means one decal (usually the driver's
side)
should be facing BACKWARD! This is correct, and you can confirm it with a
look at any period photos of the 300F/G engine compartments.

I can't tell you how many beautifully restored 300F's I've seen
with both decals facing proudly (and wrongly) forward. There's one on eBay
right now. To me it's like looking at Angelina Jolie with a big red pimple
on
her nose.

300F'ly,

Roger Karlson

Home.
(http://home.
<http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15&ncid=aolhom0
0030000000001>
aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15&ncid=aolhom00030000000001
)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: