[Chrysler300] ram assist

Pasted below is a message. If you can assist, please reply direct to Biff DeMartino at biffdemartino@xxxxxxxx

Gentlemen Of The 300 Club:

I have a question that requires the expertise of the 300 fellowship. My project has developed around the Long Rams. Although I have been as precise as possible with the information I have, but it lends short of being correct. A 1962 413 .040 over with Sterling pistons (STL-238 P 40). The heads are casting #2406516 closed chambers the carbs are the factory (AFB's 2903). The problem; I have tried different cams but I haven't found a working combination. The Chrysler part is the 280*- 280* .474 intake and exhaust with 60* overlap better known as the Street Hemi profile. The other is an Edelbrock which is 270 - 280* .420 - .442 probably closer to what the factory had with the 300 F-G.
I understand that the timing was set with a retard @4* crankshaft or 2* cam, in accordance with your website this is significant for moving the torque curve. but the maximum RPM range is never discussed so I am without crucial data.
The rest of the package is as follows:
Long Tube Headers 1-3/4 into 3.0" collectors Full 3.0 Exhaust
Torque Flight with a 2800 stall converter
3:55 gearing All sitting in a 1970 Coronet 500 Convertible. Such a great combination but before I put it back together AGAIN I would appreciate any information. my biggest concern is even @ 30* total advance @ 2200 RPM running 93 octane It still pings under load.
I will check the deck height and the head cc to determine the compression ratio that will be finished by this evening.

Thank you,

Biff DeMartino

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional