Re: [Chrysler300] seat belts in 300F

Larry
In 1960 Seat Belts were still a dealer installed
option. I know of only one 300F that may have had them
installed at the factory and that is the 4 speed
convert that is now in Milton Robsons museum. I took
ohotos a few years ago of the belts in Don Petty's
300F 4 speed car that ran at Daytona. Seat belts would
have been required on these cars.
Wayne Graefen could add some input here as I don't
recall if his car had the belts from new.
I installed them in my 300F using locations and
dimensions I took from Don petty's car. I sourced my
belts from Andover company www.andoauto.com
Also look at completed ebay item # 160224182320 a 300F
convert. the underside photos show the large 3 inch
anchor washers and the approx location for the belts.
Keep in mind the belts offered in 1960 were the same
as lap belt found in airplanes of the same vintage and
not the modern snap buckle type.

Paul Martin
--- Larry Nirenberg
<lnirenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As I plan to drive my car when it is finished, I
> want to install seatbelts.
> I can't find them listed on the option sheet and
> with my interior stripped
> bare, there are no provisions for bolts to secure
> them to the undercarriage.
> I have a picture from the internet that shows a rear
> seat with tan colored
> seat belts with black buckles.  Were belts dealer
> installed and if so what
> color would the webbing and the buckle be?  Any help
> is most appreciated

> removed]

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

<*> Your email settings: