Re: [Chrysler300] 300 weights - curious

Hi to all in 300sville & Gil!!

  Yes, that seems to be right Gil. Around '60 and '61 Chrysler would 'fibb' about their weight to save on shipping. 4500 lbs. is more like it. It wasn't until about '63 or '64 that their weights were stated correctly (is what I understand).

  Sincerely & 300ly, Brandt H. J. w/ a G.

lettercars@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi All:
This is what Chrysler says about the 300F coupe weights in the AMA
specifications. They have nothing to say about the convertible, nor either 300G model.
Curb weight: 4585 lbs. Shipping weight: 4435 lbs. (estimated)
The specs say the shipping wgt. is what is reported to the states for
licensing purposes, so I asume it is the "dry" wgt, and the curb wgt. includes all
the fluids plus a few gallons of gas.

For your additional info, you would add the following accessory weights:
Air Conditioner and Heater: 112#
Heater only: 12#
Radio: 8#
Power Antenna: 5#
Power Seat: 50#
Rear Window Defogger: 7#
Remote Control Mirror: 3#
Rear Seat Speaker: 2#
Hope this is of some interest.
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Tally, FL

In a message dated 4/17/2008 8:54:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,