[Chrysler300] Traveling to Maine

Club Members,

The question came from a member on the other (left) coast, asking how
to get to Boothbay Harbor.  It would be cheesy to suggest that he
simply come east.  And of course the Maine answer is: you can't get
thea from heah!  but--read on.

Flying:

Major airlines fly to Boston Logan Airport, to Manchester, NH, and to
the Portland (ME) Jetport.

Southwest only flies to Manchester, so if you are a Southwest flier,
that will be your airport destination.

I used the Boothbay Harbor Chamber of Commerce website to discover
how to get from each of these airports to the motel.  Mapquest claims
that it is a:
162 mile, 3 hour and 17 minute drive from Logan in Boston;
156 mile, 3 hour and 5 minute drive from Manchester;
  62 mile, 1 hour and 30 minute drive from the Portland Jetport.
I think the estimates are pretty good.

By Train:

This is a delightful mode of transportation, since you can drink and
drive simultaneously.  You can also walk around, without having to
stop at a noisy rest stop every hour. Train ridership is up, and it
is possible to get all the way to Portland on an Amtrak train.  Any
train to Maine will come to South Station, Boston and leave from
North Station, Boston to Portland.

By Automobile:

Pretty much everybody will come from south and west.  Ultimately, if
traveling by Interstate, you will wind up on I 95 north of
Massachusetts.  Both Bill and I know ways across New England that
avoid the Interstates, and are interesting.  (Of course, they take
longer.)  If you are interested in an excursion off the interstate
system, please ask one of us.  Anybody coming from the north or east,
who doesn't know the way--call us.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: