Re: [Chrysler300] 300F

Hi Larry and All:
There are indeed two types of cowl top air intakes for the 300F.  I  have no
idea why, but a few cars utilize an unpainted air intake grill.   (All of mine
are painted.)  Both types are identified in the parts book,  upg 23-61-0 as
Panel, cowl top fresh air opening insert.  PN 2165 691 is  "steel" and 1909 441
is "aluminum".  Both are shown as released for all  Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto,
and Chrysler vehicles.  The 1961 parts book  does not list the aluminum one,
so it was a one year only venture, I  guess.  I only have noted a few cars with
the aluminum intake, but would be  interested to hear from members who have
originals.  Also, I suppose it  is possible that the aluminum ones were painted
originally, but experienced  poor adhesion.  Conjecture only.
300ly, Gil Cunningham

In a message dated 5/9/2008 7:19:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,