Re: [Chrysler300] Brake Question, 300 G

Sounds like an out of round shoe and or drum. I had the same problem with
our F years ago.
You should be able to determine, by examining the shoes, if they are making
contact with the drum through out the entiure arc of the shoe or if they are
making contact on only a portion of it, say in the center and not on the
ends.

Also are the adjusted properly as per the manual?

The solution to my problem was to remove the shoes, clamp them in a vise and
sand them lightly with 80 grit paper fastened to a small board to create a
"fresh" surface on the shoe. A "body sanding board' works great for this,
the kind with the handle on and just the right size for the body sanding
pads (2'x10' or so)  that stick on them. I then reassembled everthing for a
test drive. It was apparent my shoes were not "arced" to the drum. In other
words they were making contact in the center and not on the ends causing
them to "wrap up' in the drum and grab.

It took several operations like this, sanding the high spot from the shoes,
reassembling, test driving etc,  to cure the problem. Very time consuming
and you get to know your car on an intimate basis!! Could be pricey at
todays labor rates if you are unable to or don't care to do it yourself.
This was 12 years ago or so and was the end of the problem.

Of course this all first happened at a car show in Des Moines where the
drive through judging was done in an inspection tent. I may have stood a
chance at a trophy till that happened and I plowed a furrow in the grass
exiting the tent. We just quietly returned to our spot, loaded up our stuff
and snuck ou the back gate and headed for home!!

Got the F out the other day for the first time this year. Paint is lookin
pretty bad. Don't know why, it's only been 24 years now.....WHAT!!!!!
NAW.....Can't be!!! And was only good ol' DuPont Duco enamel at the time. I
gotta get next to Gil at a meet soon and swap paint with him when He ain't
lookin!!!

Hey!!....when are WE.....THE CLUB.....gonna make lower front 1/4 pieces,
say" high or so, for these cars. Looks to me like they would fit 60 through
64 models. Just a thought, resto committee, are you listening??

Have a great weekend, Gang!
I'm heading for VA in the morning
Dave Schwandt