Re: [Chrysler300] Spring Meet 2011

Over my many years associated with this club I've thought of hosting a Southern California meet.  My original thoughts were somewhere along the coast south of Los Angeles down to San Diego.  The main reason I've shied away from this is everywhere is just to crowded with people and autos.  Moving old cars around to events would be tough to say the least.

Every Saturday morning I get up at 4:30 am and take an old car to Cars & Coffee held at the Ford Design Center in Irvine.  This is a great event and never leaves you disappointed with the verity and quality of cars that show up.  My twenty mile drive down in the morning is good although I encounter numerous Latinos going to work and there driving skills are lacking.  The freeways at that time are good and one can cruise at 70 or faster without much of a problem.

Coming home about 9 to 9:30am is a different story.  The freeways are filled with cars and if you don't know where you are going it can be a problem.  With this said I feel that a meet north of Los Angeles towards Santa Barbara or further north is good.

One other observation regarding Western Meets is in the (3) that have been held here by this club (I've attended all of them) the turn out of local cars has always been weak.  I've never figured out why.  We always seem to have great weather, roads and events along with top notch places to stay, but the local Letter Car (or even Chrysler related vehicles) are weak at best.

If you think the traffic is bad in SoCal then go to Las Vegas.  There is much construction going on there and if you get anywhere near the strip you will encounter this.  The summer is probably to warm for most and the winters can be cool.

The Grand Canyon area would be a very interspersing place to go, but I'm guessing it would be necessary to plan it around the weather as well, especially early spring or fall.

I for one certainly appreciate the efforts of our National Meet Coordinator Ray Jones and all who have and will host meets.  This is a vast undertaking, but I'm sure the rewards are well worth the effort.  Larry Jett has had such great meets in the past I hope another one comes to pass.  For those of you who have not come to a meet I strongly encourage you to do so.  Don't worry if you don't come with a car, just come and enjoy the fellowship and you will leave a much richer person for the experience.  I'm only two weeks back from Maine and can't wait for the next one.  Hope to see all of you there!!!

John Lazenby, Southern California

1955 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe Town & Country
1955 Imperial Newport
1955 Chrysler C300 Tango Red
1956 Chrysler 300B Cloud White
1957 Chrysler 300C Coupe Raven Black
1960 Chrysler 300F Coupe Alaskan White
1963 Volkswagen Beetle Black
2000 BMW 323ci Titanium Silver Metallic  w/Red Leather
2001 BMW ///M5 Titanium Silver Metallic (A Modern Super Car)
http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=18
2002 Mercury Mountaineer Premier (V8)