[Chrysler300] Concours d'Elegance in Louisville

[Chrysler300] Concours d'Elegance in Louisville

Wanted to report that Louisville held its first ever Concours d'Elegance
yesterday.  Bob was there with a friend from Lexington who had a
Challenger TA entered.  He arrived at 6:30 a.m. and left around 8:00
p.m.  The day was sunny, warm to hot, dry and perfect.  The concours was
held at beautiful, historic Churchill Downs and the twin spires made a
perfect backdrop for the 215 rare, elegant and sometimes blazingly fast
automobiles and motorcycles from 23 states ~ ranging from New England to
California and all points in-between.

Bob reported to me that there were two 300s there, a beautifully
restored red '55 C300 from Rhode Island and a cinnamon (or maybe
terracotta ~ you have to remember that Bob's color blind) '60 300F
convertible from just down the road from us.  I think he liked the F
just a little more.

Other vehicles of interest were the turbine Indy car, a '56 Dual-Ghia, a
'29 Chrysler Imperial, a 1,001 hp Bugatti Veyron and a Daniels Submarine
Speedster.  Bob said while the race cars all made heads turn when they
started up, the Challenger he was with made everyone stop it was so
radical.

Ed Hermann MC'd the show.  Bob spoke to him after the day's events were
over.  Mr. Hermann was thrilled to see such a lovely turn-out at our
first concours.  He's looking forward to next year's event.

Bob came home tired, sun drenched and glowing from all the lovely
automobiles he'd seen.   And we were both thrilled to have our beloved
letter cars represented at the concours.  Hopefully I can attend next
year.

Elizabeth Wieland

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional