Re: Re: [Chrysler300] Tires

Bill Huff wrote:

> Does that mean the 225s are 4" shorter in height
> (2" on top and 2" on the bottom to drop the car 2") than the 235s?
>
> Bill Huff
>
> At 12/3/200804:07 PM, Tony Rinaldi wrote:
>
> >Hi Tom,
> >
> >No one makes 235/75R14s except Coker.
> >
> >Took a pre order of 100 cars to get them to make the tires.
> >
> >The new rims are for radials.
> >
> >If you go with 225/75R14s and have Diamond Back put WWW in them your car
> >will drop almost 2� in height.
> >
> >Tony
> >
> >From: Tom Cox <<mailto:tdcox%40bellsouth.net>tdcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:tdcox%40bellsouth.net>>
> >Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 16:46:45 -0500
> <<mailto:chrysler300%40yahoogroups.com>chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:chrysler300%40yahoogroups.com>>
> >Subject: [Chrysler300] Tires
> >
> >Hi All,
> >
> >I am at a point where I need tires for the F convertible; I bought
> five rims
> >that Tony Rinaldi fixed us up with a year or so ago and they need some
> >rubber.
> >
> >I called DiamondBack (love their tires) and was told that 14‰ radiaal
> tires
> >that are available are at least 1 � inches shorter than our
> original tires.
> >For those that use radials, what size are you using on the F?
> >
> >Thanks for your help, again.
> >
> >Tom Cox

225/75R14 OD is nominally 27.3 inches - varies by brand but I've seen
27.05 and 27.62 inches both quoted. Coker quotes 235/75R14 at 27.87
inches.Old 1960 BFG Engineering Data shows 8.50-14 at 28.3 inches and
9.00-14 at 28.8 inches.

Drop of car will nominally be half the difference in diameter - but in
reality there is something else called a Static Loaded Radius that
controls the height - these numbers are rarely quoted but radials will
typically set lower than older bias tires of same diameter.

But first you have to find 225/75R14 - they have been out of production
since 2007 and after a lot of work I found 5 - 4 of 1 brand and a 5th
also made by Cooper but under different brand.

Most likely biggest you will find is 215/75R14 nominal 26.7 dia or
225/70R14 nominal 26.5 dia. - these are about 2 inches less diameter
which will reduce radius about 1 inch - but there is still the effect of
differences in the static loaded radius vs true radius - so figure a bit
more than 1 inch but not as much as 2 inches

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)