[Chrysler300] 1960 Tire Info

OK - I dug out Original BFG Engineering Data Book from 1960. Following
are for Deluxe Silvertown (Rayon cord bias not belted) original
equipment tires. Goodrich and Goodyear were the only 2 brands used on
all 4 major manufacturers (Chrysler, Ford, GM, and American Motors). The
dimension that controls height is the Static Loaded Radius. Radials have
a bit more squat so for a given diameter (which controls revolutions per
mile) the Static Loaded Radius would be less on a radial than a bias
tire. And as noted previously, Static Loaded Radius is a function of
both inflation and load - but here is the data for standard 24 psi
inflation. Load is not specified per se, but Max Load is adjacent
column. If someone has a nice web site to post this I will be glad to
scan whole page and send it to them. I also have data sheet for the
Silvertown 125 which was a rare item used for high speed including
police - may have been applicable to very high performance like Letter
cars but honestly I never saw one - they are slightly shorter for same size.

8.50-14  Dia 28.30 in Section width 7.86 in on 5.5 in rim or 8.06 in on
6.0 in rim Static Loaded Radius 13.07 in Max Load 1265 pounds (4 ply) or
1385 pounds (6 ply)

9.00-14  Dia 28.80 in Section width 8.25 in on 6.0 in rim or 8.45 in on
6.5 in rim Static Loaded Radius 13.26 in Max Load 1355 pounds (4 ply)

9.50-14  Dia 29.50 in Section width 8.80 in on 6.5 in rim or 9.00 in on
7.0 in rim Static Loaded Radius 13.50 in Max Load 1465 pounds (4 ply)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)