[Chrysler300] Re: F window removal

Neal,

Contrary to my earlier posting, removing the window motor is relatively easy, 3 screws, 2
plugs and you're there.(After removing the interior panels of course)

As someone else posted earlier, a good cleaning of the window tracks and and pivot
points will likely cure whatever issues you are experiencing. Additionally, the transmission
on the window motors comes off easily to be cleaned and re-greased.

2 things I recommend looking at:

1. are the window motors loose in their mounting to the door(s). I had this happen a
couple of times on my G, makes for excessive rattling when opening and closing doors.

2. does the motor show signs of water in it? I think I had this more on the quarter
windows on the G. The water seems to run down the glass and regulator and into the
motor (Yes, I have new wiskers). Of course, I tend to drive and wash the car more than
most these days.

Your car is very nice and in great condition, I am doubtful that it requires more than a
cleaning and re-greasing.

>From not so sunny San Diego, have a nice day.

Richard Osborne

--- In Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Neal Thomas <mr300f@...> wrote:

> Good morning group,
> I have had a minor computer glitch which has kept me from responding
> sooner, but I would like to thank those who offered some ideas to help
> me along.  I'm thinking I should remove the motors and maybe get
> replacement clips first.  The likelihood that I will screw them up
> getting them off is high.  As I said before, they all work, I'm just
> trying to get them to operate more efficiently.
>
> Thanks
> Neal Thomas
> Pickerington  OH
>
> 300F