[Chrysler300] Re: 300F Ignition Switch

Tom,

I think the same ignition switch was used for many years, my personal opinion is that it is unlikely you received the incorrect switch.

These assemblies can be a little confusing when looking at or installing. The tumbler portion (where the key goes in) positions the key so is actually visually offset, but perfectly vertical when installed in the dash.

I just took the assembly out of a spare '61 dash in the basement to confirm. I doubt seriously that there was a difference between '60 and '61.

Aren't old cars fun?

Richard Osborne

--- In Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Thomas Cox <tdcox@...> wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> The dash is painted and ready to install but the ignition switch I just received from Gary Goers doesn't seem to match up with the dash. The dash has "slots" for the ignition switch receptacle at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock and the switch from Gary has "protrusions" at 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock, so it doesn't fit. I have dashes from F's and G's but wouldn't imagine the F dash is significantly different than the G dash in this regard. Is this my problem? I am certain I requested a switch for an F, so I believe that I would have received the correct switch. Any thoughts or suggestions?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Tom Cox

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional