RE: [Chrysler300] 300H engines

Cubes is good for go, and are best calculated in an Excel spreadsheet with
"Pi" to 14 decimal places.

Following is a list of precisely calculated displacements for the 3.75"
stroke Chrysler engines (wedge and hemi).  Carrying more decimal places will
result in slightly different displacements.
Bore	Displacement
4.03"	382.7 	"383"
4.19"	413.7 	"413"
4.22"	419.6 	(.030" over 413)
4.25"	425.6 	(standard for hemi and max wedge, .060" over 413) "426"
4.39"	439.7 	"440"

For the 3.38" stroke engines:
Bore	Displacement
4.12"	360.5 "361"
4.25"	383.6 "383"
4.34"	400.0 "400"

The early Chrysler hemi's:
Bore	Stroke	Displacement
3.81"	3.63"	331.1 "331" 	1951-55
3.94"	3.63"	354.1 "354"	1956
4.34"	3.90"	392.1 "392"	1957-58

Note:  the 1949-53 Cadillac 331 CID engine used the same bore and stroke to
get 331 CID (3-13/16" X 3-5/8").  Interesting that Chrysler used these same
dimensions on the early hemi engines.

The popular "383 stroker" Chevrolet small block uses the same 4.03" bore and
3.75" stroke as the Chrysler "383".

For a decent summary of specifications for 1951-73 Chrysler V-8's see:

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/chrysler/45/horse.htm

Their list includes numerous special high-output engines including the 1956
Chrysler 300 hemi which was the first American stock car to produce OVER 1.0
HP per cubic inch--355 HP from 354 (354.1) CID.

C-331.1'ly,
Rich Barber