Re: [Chrysler300] Rocker shafts.

Hi Marshall,

Unless you are intending to use the 300-G in full-race competion, the
adjustable rockers are a waste of time and money. The factory hydaulic lifters
perform as well or better for all types of driving except maximum flat-out
rpm's. Besides, you don't have to adjust the rockers after each run which
entails removal of the complete intake manifold setup. I hope you have a good
 supply of valley cover/intake manifold gaskets. You will need them.

If you are still determined to replace a perfectly good set of rockers and
lifters,  go with competition hydraulic lifters, keep the original rockers.
 Save yourself some grief.

Rocker shaft wear of 0.0005" is miniscule. This indicates that the shafts
are still doing a proper job after 48 years service. Keep them.

My nickle's worth.

300'ly,
Gary Hagy
300-C conv.
300-G conv.

In a message dated 6/13/2009 5:16:04 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,