[Chrysler300] 300E Carburetion .........................................

[Chrysler300] 300E Carburetion ...............................................................

Good evening to all 300E owners out there in 300 Land!

Hypothetical Question:

During normal acceleration, the 4bbl nearest the firewall is the one that
continuously operates while the front one is idle.  Obviously, unless  you
put the pedal to the metal, the front one does not engage.  Being that  I
live in South Florida where 50% + of the drivers are uninsured, 70% + can't
even read road signs, and the average speed on most drivers on our highways
averages under 30 mph, what would be wrong with having the linkage adjusted
so  that both carbs engage when you drive the car?  My thinking is that if
the  front carb is hardly if ever used and over time that thing will become
gummed  up, would it not be better to have that engage also?  I do realize
that if  the carburetion was Gerry rigged this way and one did accelerate at a
nice pace,  one would continuously smoke the tires, but down here I've
become very  accustomed to having a light foot!  Also, gas mileage is not a
consideration since, because of the above referenced driving habits, I only take
 big red out once in a blue moon - maybe only drive her a couple hundred
miles a  year.  Thanks in advance for your input!

Tom
Miami, FL

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional