Re: Fw: [Chrysler300] Coker tires

P225/70R14 are essentially same diameter and load capacity as P215/75R14
which would translate back to old 205-14 (original 80 series radials)
and G78-14 and 8.25-14 and ultimately 8.00-14. The P225/70R14 series
radials are best equated to a vintage G70-14. A 9.00-14 (8.85-14 in post
1965 speak) would best translate to the P235/75R14 or if such existed a
245/70R14 but be aware that everything, even the P235/75R14 will have a
somewhat wider cross-section and a much wider tread than the OE tires .

best, Ed

Mark Lindahl wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> As an alternative for 14 inch tires, you may consider this one.
> Hancook P225-70R-14.  They are sold through Discount Tire.
> There are a couple other brands listed too for that size.
>
> I would be curious to hear comments about the size difference vs. OEM.
> These should hold the road better due the shorter side wall?
>
> http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/searchTiresBySize.do?r=ILCINT%7Cpc%7C60010&ar=70&rd=14&cs=225
> <http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/searchTiresBySize.do?r=ILCINT%7Cpc%7C60010&ar=70&rd=14&cs=225>
>
> Mark Lindahl
>
> --- On Wed, 9/2/09, Dave Schwandt <finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:finsruskw%40iowatelecom.net>> wrote:
>
> From: Dave Schwandt <finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:finsruskw%40iowatelecom.net>>
> Subject: [Chrysler300] Coker tires
> To: "list server" <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:Chrysler300%40yahoogroups.com>>, finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:finsruskw%40iowatelecom.net>, chesnutt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:chesnutt%40pacifier.com>, dlrust47@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:dlrust47%40yahoo.com>
> Date: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 7:29 AM
>

> I just took a look on Coker's web site and it appears they are still
> selling the 235/75R14 radials in both 1" & 2.5" whitewalls. The price
> is now up to $228.00 ea (UGH).
>
> Hey!! Somebody's gotta pay for their screw ups!!! Right???
>
> Well guess who gets elected !!!
>
> Dave Schwandt

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional