[Chrysler300] 1965 Chrysler Tilt Steering / wheel compatibility

[Chrysler300] 1965 Chrysler Tilt Steering / wheel compatibility

I have a friend with a '65 300 sport. He replaced his non-tilt column with a tilt unit but utilized his original steering wheel. The tilt unit did not come with a wheel. I haven't seen it in person to describe the problem in detail but he claims the wheel doesn't fit properly.....it doesn't seem to be pushing onto the shaft far enough?? The horn contacts are not close enough to work properly??

Can anyone tell me if there would be any difference between a tilt and non-tilt column that would require a specific wheel. I always assumed the wheels were interchangeable.

Ryan Hill

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: