Re: [Chrysler300] C (and D and E?) armrest bases

Re: [Chrysler300] C (and D and E?) armrest bases

Ah, yes.  I remember now there was someone - and turns out it was you,
Rob - who had fashioned a set out of wood.  But then, it seems to me
perhaps someone else did a pair in wood and then painted them in a
glossy tan.  Nice solution, but I sure would rather figure out a way to
do them in plastic if possible. We could quite easily make up a pair (or
even a significant quantity) in wood at my plant (an architectural
millwork company)  if that's what it came down to; but even though I've
been a wood guy for fifty-some years, somehow I guess I'm too purist,
and it would forever bug me that they were not plastic.

That said, I would far rather see the Club take on this project than to
enter the realm of being a parts manufacturer/financier/marketer
myself.  I'll continue talking to some value sources who seem as though
they hold promise, but "at the end of the day" (as every politician
these days says) I would just as soon help the Club find and arrange for
production, and then leave it for the Club to take over the finance,
inventory, and sales functions.  I hope the Club considers this a good,
worthwhile, and profitable project.

BTW I learned from Tom Cox that the trick to putting replies out to the
whole 300 group is to click "Reply to All" in a response.

Thanks,
Keith Boonstra

rob kern wrote:
Keith,
    Sounds like a worthy project.  Six years ago I gave my warped
armrest bases for my C to a woodworker who used them as a template and
reproduced the bases out of hardwood.  I paid $110 for the pair and sent
them to Gary Goers who covered them with the same vinyl he used to
refurbish my armrest pads.  They look and perform perfectly.  No worries
about warpage. Apparently the originals were made out of a nylon polymer
that couldn't hold up to heat and UV rays like other plastics of that
era.  You may want to explore having them fashioned out of hardwood
versus having to go through a plastics engineer, etc. 300'ly, ROB KERN
-----

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: