[Chrysler300] Sihilling Plating

I am sending this to Rob and the rest of the 300 list server regarding
Sihilling Plating and my experience. I know Rob has had excellent results
with Sihilling and I believe others have, as well. George McKovitch had a
problem that he reported and I have had a problem, too. Just the facts,
though.

I sent Sihilling pieces from the console and sill plates for my F
restoration. The console pieces were returned just as expected with a nice
anodized finish and the sill plates came back in a very bright, polished
finish. I am certain I clearly stated that the sill plates and console
pieces were to be anodized. The big problem is that I received sill plates
from a 57 or 58 300.

I have spoken with Charles' son and his wife. His wife told me that she
takes a picture of each order after it is stripped and she sent me a picture
of my order with the 57/58 sill plates, so they are convinced that this is
what I sent them. Problem is, I have never had a 57 or 58 300 restoration
and have never had 57/58 sill plates. I don't know where my 60 sill plates
have gotten to, but I am certain I sent Sihilling the correct 60 sill
plates. Specifically, I had two sets of 60 sill plates and I sent the best
pair to Sihilling and now they are gone.

I have asked both Charles' son and wife to have Charles call me but to no
avail. I have not spoken to him. I asked Mrs. Sihilling if they would
anodize my other set of sill plates since my original set is lost and I have
not heard back from her or Charles.

I know that manufacturing processes can have mistakes and all I expected was
a call to express regret and an offer to try to resolve the problem. I got
neither. I am done with Sihilling and I hope that anyone else that uses them
takes a picture of what they are sending and is clear as to what is to be
done to their order. I am sending my second pair of sill plates to Ano-Brite
in CA at Jeff Carter's suggestion. If they don't turn out too great, I am
going to buy a set from Jeff Carter and try again.

Thanks to all that tried to help.

Tom Cox

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional