Re: [Chrysler300] One car show on e-Bay

There are better versed 300 gurus than I, but I notice a number of
things under the hood did not get painted _after_ installation as they
were by Chrysler. A few of the pieces treated this way that caught my
eye are the negative battery cable which should be partly silver sprayed
with the engine, and a lot of parts that would have been sprayed in
place in body color like the left battery holddown post, the adjustable
hood bumpers, the bolts on the grill-to-radiator support brace, and the
hood latch mechanism itself to name a few. It also appears to me that
the aircleaners and valve covers are just a smidge too green, too
bright, and too shiny when compared to original.

I don't mean to be critical of what appears to be a very nicely done
restoration - some of these differences make it look better than when it
rolled off the line in '58 - but I don't think this is the one to use
for a bible.

Keith Boonstra
Holland MI

-

Bill Huff wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> Any of the experts or near experts have any
> comments or critiques of this car? There are
> some fabulous pics that I can use as a guide for
> my car but wouldn't want to go the wrong way.
>
> Bill Huff
>
> At 1/11/201008:25 PM, Richard Barber wrote:
> >

> >Sorry, the good VIN tag shot was on another car on e-Bay. The VIN of this
> >Coral Coupe is purposely suppressed in the ad.
> >
> >Rich Barber
> >Brentwood, CA

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional