Re: [Chrysler300] underside of 55-56 hoods

Re: [Chrysler300] underside of 55-56 hoods

Johnnie and All:
Finally was able to get over to look at my C300 (VIN 3N55 1322) and very
carefully examine the underside of its hood.  As I thought I remembered, it
is covered with a evenly applied coat of asphaltic "undercoat" type
material.  It is not as thick as the car's regular undercoat beneath its  floor.
This car has never been "restored" or even fixed up.  I  honestly don't think
anyone but the factory would have applied this  material.  I am wondering
if the underhood spray-on "silencer"  material was only applied when the car
came with full undercoating.   Such  was the case with the 300K with its
mechanically retained hood  silencer.
Well, thought I would throw this out for what it is worth.
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Still c-c-cool, Tallahassee, FL

In a message dated 12/23/2009 3:59:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,