To: finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: lettercars@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 10:35:14 -0400
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] seat belt color

All:
Can you stand any more on the seat belt subject? Hope so, as I want to
clarify just a couple things.

1. There were NO factory seat belts available for the 300F, (or 300G, for
that matter.)

2. The 300H was the FIRST American car to have front seat belts as
standard equipment. The earliest date
I can find is January of 1962 on a Chrysler publication. It states
they were "Factory Installed", and that
they carried the traditional 300 red white and blue emblem on the
buckles.

3. Color. A Chrysler Mopar accessories publication dated September 1961
(or later, can't read the first few
letters of the month) advises of the availability of seat belt
packages from Chrysler dealers for all models.
For the models in which the belt goes thru the seat back, and requires
a grommet, it specifically states
1960, 61, and 62 usage. This "universal seat belt" part number is
2298 749. These are NOT the same
belts as the 300H. They appear to have a "nubby" webbing and are
clearly the Hickok brand. They do
have the metal to metal buckle with no visible logo. Oh
yes,----color! These dealer installed Hickok
belts were available in Red, Green, Royal Blue, Navy Blue, Maroon,
Black, Beige, and Gray----just specify
which you would like.

300ly, Gil Cunningham
Another perfect day in Tallytown, FL

In a message dated 10/7/2010 7:34:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,