[Chrysler300] Tires - ( trailer )

Trying to get ready for the upcoming meet and need to replace the dry-rotted tires on my trailer. I'm having a tough time making a decision. After reading numerous reviews on the web about horror stories with ST tires by Carlisle, GoodYear and Greenball I'm afraid to use any of them. Seems the thoughts are that trailer tires (ST) are not speed rated nor designed to be used above 65mph and that light truck tires (LT ) might actually be better and safer for long distance hauling at sustained highway speeds. To confuse things even more my trailer came new back in '04 with Chinese made Hankooks, standard P series tires, not even LT. Never had a problem and the trailer has made several trips back and forth to the San Francisco area from Arizona. The trailer with the 300K on it is close to 7000lbs.  I'm leaning towards an LT series truck tire in a 235-75-15 but would like input from the group from anyone who regularly hauls long distance.

Thanks,
Mike Laiserin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional