Re: [Chrysler300] Fwd: Speed D@LSMFT

Larry,
    I spoke with the fellow this past Sunday.  He said the car is for sale, hasn’t run since the mid-70s. He is trying to get a trailer to bring it to the meet.  Interesting conversation.  He called inquiring about my knowledge of stick 300 Ds.  He tried to contact Gary Goers, the 300 Club, Inc. MYC for the D but only got the Fax line.  He figured since I was the name one line up as the C consultant that I may be of help.  I mentioned the ‘05 Jett meet appearance of the stick D that ran at Daytona which was recently restored. He went on to say that he was under the impression that there were 3 stick Ds produced.  His was purchased as you said and ran at Bonneville.  It is a bare bones stick D racer. I directed him to Gloria Moon our Club archivist and D afficionado along with Allan, Jack Wiltse our Club D MYC, and gave him another means of contacting Gary Goers. I also mentioned that if there were people that he might want to market this car , it would most likely be the folks attending your meet.  Rob Kern

From: JettLarry@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:25 PM
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Fwd: Speed D@LSMFT

-----Original Message-----
From: jettlarry <mailto:jettlarry%40aol.com>
To: chrysler300 <mailto:chrysler300%40yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thu, May 19, 2011 6:26 pm
Subject: Speed D@LSMFT

I am solidly encouraging the gent that wants to bring a 390 ponied stick D to show it to us and tell stories at the parking spaces at Carmel Mission Inn. He claims to have bought it from Norm Thatcher. Googling Thatcher tells us Norm drove a D 156.387 mph at Bonneville. Will the current owner show? Is this the buck and a half plus car? You can read the entire story in Club publications if it happens, or, you can come and be there!!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)