From: Bob Merritt [mailto:bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 2011-06-19 6:52 AM
To: Tom Cox
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1960 A/C Compressor

Hello Tom;

there were two different AC compressors in 1960, see TSB below. Early
production used the big monster, later used the RV2 common up to the 70s. I
assume you have the early version, as they are hard to find.

I don't have anything, maybe Murray Park at mbpark@xxxxxxxxxx
or
John Fowlie at bigmauto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
or
Bob Hoffmeister at
impparts@xxxxxxxxx

TSB # 60-48, issued: May 4, 1960.
"A new stationary field type air conditioning compressor magnetic clutch has
been recently incorporated in production on air conditioning equipped
Chrysler models, starting with Chrysler serial number 03145533 having
prefixes 81,82,93,84,85,and 87. This new clutch will be incorporated in 1960
production Imperial air conditioning equipped cars in the near future.
While this new compressor clutch performs the same function as the early
production rotating field type, the construction, installation and servicing
procedures are different."