Re: [Chrysler300] 300F Leather Seat Color(standard)

Re: [Chrysler300] 300F Leather Seat Color(standard)

John;  The product is great!  I first used it about 40 +years ago when
the original inventor/owner re-sold the product.  He passed on and for
many years the product was not available.  I think some family member
restarted offering the product a few years ago.  I used their filler and
dye on my '62 300 4-dr Hdt. seats and when done the leather looked like
new.   I first used a mixture of alcohol and acetone to remove the old
painted on factory red lacqurer paint (dye)  I olied the leather using
their product and let set in hot sun for couple days.   I then used
their filler to fill the leather cracks (some were major) and the sanded
the leather seats smooth (like doing body work).  They dye is a water
base product.

I took the seats to a Chrysler Club Meeting, for a show and tell.  Most
could believe the seats were once cracked and torn. and were amassed ant
the smooth leather finish.  Hard, dry deep cracked leather can be
brought back to near show condition (not  concourse new but very
presentable for local shows.  What I did not do but should have is spray
a gloss or semi gloss clear coat over the final finish to give it the
wet shine look.  The seats have held up for 3 years - abet dirty - why I
recommend a clear sealer to seal the dye.

By the way the I did a (family every day car)  62 Sport Hdt with the
original product, some 35-40 years ago and it still good shape for some
15 years later when I sold it.

Ken Wilson, San Jose,  Calif

John Kuegel wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> -I'm about to order some products from Leatherique in South Carolina and was wondering if anyone has any experience with their leather dye??...they asked me to send a sample of my seat leather, but I don't have much to cut off...does anyone know the official dye color name and code perhaps??...mine is the standard 1960 300F beige interior color- nothing special order...any advice is much appreciated...
>
> Thanks,
> John Kuegel

> For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm

<*> Your email settings: