[Chrysler300] Whoo wee it were

On a dark and stormy night, Opps, no wait that's not right.

The dawn broke, the sun creaked up, the wife poked me and challenged me to arise
also.
So off we went to the Show. Got there early enough to beat a few folks also
heading for the swaps.
As usual for this event there were a lot of Chrysler products scurrying to their
respective parking
areas for the huge show/spit/polish/shine. Some where around 2100 mopars of all
sorts were in
attendance from a few really oldies to the most modern.

General impressions, We are BUSHED!  Walked 7 or 8 miles of swaps, spent some
recovery time
visiting with the folks sheltering in the 300 Club tent (In Out Of The Beating
Sun).
 Did I mention that the semi monsoon of the past 2 days granted all here a
respite?
It left behind a fresh layer of rust on some of the piles of auto parts, a right
fair amount of HUMIDITY
to be baked off by the full sunshine that accompanied a 90 degree summer day.

Got caught up with all the meet and greets.
 From what I could spy more members then 300's on display.
I Will hit you all with a teaser, Whilst catching 40 breaths in under the tent
out of the direct sun,
2 members were presented with  'Certificates suitable for framing' A black 300F
convertible
was awarded a special guest celebrity recognition, AND a White 300F convertible
was awarded
one also from another of the celebrity's in attendance.

I am certain there will a formal reportage in the club newsletter with all the
details confirmed
and correct (should I have miss-reported what I my sun baked head thought it was
hearing.
Congrats to the winners so far.

Now for the cold hard truth as a reflection of the times we are bearing, at
least in my eyes:

 Attendance in general - lighter then last year I thought, which I thought was
lighter then the year before.
 Venders:  a lot of the same stuff, a general feeling of seeing stuff that had
already been picked
over, and over, and over. I think there where some newer faces selling, but
maybe they were trying to
sell stuff that they got from someone who had given up. There were some empty
spaces, not that many
but more then I recall being average.
The Cars, Lots of Nice Cars, Lots and Lots, but a stronger feeling that those in
attendance were more of
the die-hards and maybe not that many just beginning to participate in these
events.
Fridays rain kept a fair number of folks from accomplishing their respective
missions, and Saturday
I didn't notice any undue 'Got To Get It Now' pressure by those wandering the
swaps.
It was Not elbow to Elbow this year.
As we semi-floated away dodging the creeks and riverlets forming in the car
corral Friday, I was left
with the impression there were some rather fairly priced vehicles out there to
be had if one were in a fluid
enough position.
As for 300 parts, well I do get a severe case of tunnel vision chasing parts for
my C project,
MIGHTY SLIM pickens this year I thought. As for other 300 parts don't think I
saw any at all for the other
50's vintage, and Not much for the 60's. But I did see a few of the club members
find something they
couldn't do with out tho. All in all Not a Lost cause for us as I saved some
decent $$ on a few parts for my

'hot-rod-truck' parts chaser/hauler and we did get a few items that will shorten
the down time when it

comes time to do some preventative maintenance on the wifypoo's putt-putt.

 --
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy

Hoosier Corps #L6
CPUs run on smoke. I know this because when the smoke comes out, it stops
working.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: