From: "John McAdams" <clafong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 9, 2011 10:55:36 AM
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Chrysler 300 parts ?

If it is good enough for Jay Leno to have one in his garage, it should work
for us. Sorry if there is no direct 300 reference in this post. Okay, here
it is. These machines will make parts for any car, even for one of our
Chrysler 300's. I cannot imagine how one of these devices could make a
Cross Ram manifold, but who knows for sure. Perhaps the scanned image could
be manipulated in software to provide a wall thickness to the scanned part.

Look up Jay Leno's Garage and then search under "Videos" for "3D Parts". Or
see:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/extras/articles/jay-lenos-3d-printer-replaces-
rusty-old-parts-1/

These machines are way too expensive for you to buy to just make one or two
parts for yourself but there are many companies that provide this service to
make a plastic prototype. I have used such service companies to make parts
using the Water Cutting technology. Once you have the plastic prototype you
need to find a foundry that will take your plastic prototype to make a mold
to then cast something, (I would suggest a Brass casting) then finish polish
the casting and have it plated (If that is what is required for the final
finish). Brass is substantially stronger than Pot metal and will readily
take Copper, Nickel and Chrome plating.

There are even some 3D printers that I have seen for the Hobbyist for around
$1000. But they will not make a very big part and the software is not too
user friendly.

Big John Mc Adams

(In SoCal)