[Chrysler300] engine fire

Several years ago I drove my 57 Adventurer to a muffler shop, a distance of 18 miles.  As I pulled into the service drive, the shop foreman pointed to the black smoke coming up the left side of the hood from the engine bay.  He quickly opened the hood, grabbed a nearby fire extinguisher and killed the flame and smoke.  The high pressure power steering line had split and shot p/s fluid directly on the exhaust manifold.  His quick thinking and the car being at rest saved the day.  A new hose and some clean up time was all that was required.  Should you still be using a 50 year old hose, perhaps you may want to think about it.  See you in Lake George......

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)