Re: [Chrysler300] 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 with 392 HEMI

On 9/23/2011 3:00 PM, Mark Lindahl wrote:
> Hello,

> I wonder how the original 392 Hemi in a '57 Chrysler 300 would run if it had all the electronics of today including modern fuel injection and computers running everything?   Wow!  Certainly better gas mileage?

> http://www.thehemi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4117

> I saw a Dodge Challenger and on the side of the fender there was '392 Hemi'

> 300ly,
> Mark Lindahl

Mark, it was said more then once in days of yore, that the 2x4 300C and
300D 392's could be tuned for about 50 more horsepuppies then factory
stated levels.

Back in the 90's I chatted with the shop owner (well known shop) that
restored a D for someone, and he said at the time they redid the motor
they were concerned about the gas quality so they dropped the
compression of the 58 392 a full point, from 10:1 to 9:1 and still it
still pulled 375 hp on the dyno during its first run, he didn't admit to
what they pulled once they were done with the dyno testing. At that Time
the car was still very much making the show circuit.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy

<*> Your email settings: