RE: [Chrysler300] 300G Mechanic

Understand that the carbs need to be set up as the factory intended for best performence. There is one point I haven't seen mentioned in any of these responses. The timing chain gear on the crank needs to be installed on the retarded 2 degrees slot, or the use of an off set key. According to source in the 300 Club web site, this will give an extra 15% or more power. Just a thought, this isn't too common a consideration on a rebuild. But neither is the use of the Chrysler Long Rams. Good Luck on the rebuild. Best Regards, Stephen

--- On Fri, 1/13/12, Tom Cox <tdcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Tom Cox <tdcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] 300G Mechanic
To: "'Travis Baker'" <travisbaker4@xxxxxxxxx>, Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, January 13, 2012, 6:53 AM

Travis,

I have two thoughts.

I finished a 300f about a year ago and the fellow that put it together is a
mopar guy from way back. He tried to get it running properly for a good
while and finally realized it was the carbs. He sat down one day, and using
the factory service manual, he followed their procedure step-by-step to set
up the linkage and carbs. When finished, the car has run like a top!!! He
had never done a cross-ram car before but once the carbs were set up
properly, the job was done. Everything else he did was fine.

Secondly, I don't know how far it is (I suspect it is a long way) but Don
Verity, club member and G expert lives in Rhode Island. If it were me, and
if your mopar guy can't get it done, I would get the car to Don. He is a
real professional and could diagnosis and repair just about anything. He
redid my transmission in my F and he has a G that runs like a swiss watch,
only faster.

His email is: d.verity@xxxxxxx and his phone number is: 401-231-7816. Maybe
if you call him, he can help you get over the hump via telephone or email.

Tom Cox