From: "Keith Boonstra" <kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Don Verity" <d.verity@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Henry Schleimer" <henry.schleimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 12:26:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300C lower ball joint boots troubles

I'd go with what Don has to offer in good used because you know the
quality is OEM. But if you are looking for brand new old US made
complete ball joint replacement kits, there are a few sets available. I
just called Northwestern Auto Supply in Grand Rapids, MI, and they
currently have some on the shelf at $55 per kit ($220 both sides upper &
lower). They say they are definitely NORS and not the new Chinese
repops, but they could not tell me the brand.

Here is their website:

http://www.northwesternautosupply.com/

Good luck.

Keith Boonstra

-

On 1/20/2012 11:04 AM, Don Verity wrote:

> The press in joints will not work on a 300-C, or any Chrysler at least
> up to the 80's I believe.
>
> Up here in the rusty North East USA, cars don't last that long. I save
> most old ball joints, and other original parts, because the
> replacements are mostly made in china of low quality materials. The
> original boot was a 3 piece affair with a steel cup on the joint, then
> the boot, and then another steel cap over the boot. I just parted a 57
> Windsor. I can send you a picture after I get them cleaned up if you like.
> Don Verity
> Rhode Island
> USA

<*> Your email settings: