RE: [Chrysler300] Hi to all in 300sville again!!

RE: [Chrysler300] Hi to all in 300sville again!!

Brandt,
Tell Doug......

"Sorry, but Merc and Furd Ranger manuals won't suffice for a MoPar!!"

Here Ya go!!
They are dowel pins I believe, and they have to do with the runout of the
torque converter in relationship to the bell housing
As bolted to the block.
This is explained in the service manual under "torque converter hub runout"

Quoted from section 113 page 66 "Torque converter service procedures"
BORE RUNOUT: "the torque converter housing bore and face alignment, as well
as the converter hub runout, should be checked anytime that a powerflite of
torqueflite transmission is
removed to correct leakage at the front pump oil seal or front pump failure,
also whenever an engine replacement is made"

Sounds like you need a pair of offset dowel pins.
They were available in three sizes:
.007"   part #1736347
.014"   part #1736348
.021"   part # 1736353

The procedure is detailed in the 1960 service manual and would be the same
for 1961.
There was no complete service manual for 1961, only a supplement detailing
differences from the 1960 model year.

If you want to contact me off list, I would be glad to copy the pertinent
pages and fax them to you.

Dave Schwandt