FW: [Chrysler300] regarding C & D mufflers

FW: [Chrysler300] regarding C & D mufflers

Hi Dave in UK

I took the measurements today from one of my original type mufflers for our
1957 300C Hardtop. The muffler was purchased from Chrysler in the 1960's.

The original 300C mufflers were "MoPar Sono 6X" shown in raised relief.
Other Chryslers models in 1957 used "Mopar Sono 4X" which  have a body
length of 29 inches.

The "Sono 6X" has a Body length 34 inches, width 8 3/8 inches, height 3 1/4
inches. Inlet pipe 2 1/4 inches and outlet pipe 2 inches.
Length of inlet pipe 2 inches, length outlet pipe 2 3/4 inches.

I would be interested in hearing from Keith Boonstra and Bob Merritt how the
Waldron's mufflers compare to the originals.
Does Waldron's make a 34 inch muffler? Or only the 29 inch (Sono 4X)

In a posting to this Club, 7/23/10, Marv Raguse who has both a 300 C & D,
says he worked with Joe Tonietto of Waldron's and stated that he has the
"Mopar Sono 4X" which was originally thought to be for 300C's. Wayne
Graefen's 1957 Chrysler 300C Handbook originally listed the "MoPar Sono 4X",
but he changed it to the correct "MoPar Sono 6X" as shown in his 6th
Edition.

John Chesnutt, Portland, OR

-----Original Message-----"sono