[Chrysler300] Chattanooga Meet

I am one of the meet co-hosts for the upcoming event in Chattanooga and I
have a confession. When Ray Jones mentioned that Chattanooga had a great tow
truck museum, I had serious doubts that it was going to be a highlight of
the trip. Well, Mick, Terry and I visited the museum to prep for the event
and I must tell you, I was seriously impressed. There are 30-40 vehicles
from the early teens to the late 80's, all restored to the max.

There is a Packard tow truck from the 20's, great ford and dodge trucks from
the 30's and 40's and many others of all makes and types. The venue is a
modern building with the entire downstairs available for our catered lunch.
This will definitely be worth seeing. And the Coker museum is only a couple
of blocks away to visit that afternoon.

Downtown Chattanooga has an aquarium, Imax theatre and more restaurants than
we could count. Lookout Mountain was the site of major civil war battles and
there are beautiful exhibits and grounds that offer a spectacular view of
the city along with the ride up the mountain on a windy but safe road. The
riverfront of the Tennessee River is scenic and a stone's throw from the
Aquarium. There is a zoo, multiple museums for various interests, a winery
and the George Dickel and Jack Daniel distilleries are only 30-40 miles
away. There are a some spots to visit the Volkswagen manufacturing plant
that are available on a first come, first served basis. I think they can
accommodate 40-50 of us at two or three different times. You can indicate
your interest in the VW plant tour on the meet attendance sign-up form.

And to top it off, a national Lincoln Club and the local Chrysler Club (with
antique Chryslers and Packards in attendance) are having their meets at our
hotel the weekend before ours. Their meets end at noon on Sunday as ours
begins. Dannis and I are coming on Saturday to enjoy the myriad of Detroit
iron. The hotel (Chattanooga Choo Choo) is allowing all of us to use our
preferred rate for two days before and two days after the scheduled meet of
Sunday through Wednesday night.

The weekend following our meet is Memorial Day weekend with all the
festivities that are available at a civil war Mecca.

I believe that everyone that makes the effort to attend will be extremely
pleased with all that Chattanooga has to offer. All of you that attended the
Asheville, NC meet should plan to come along with those that hail from
farther west, north and south. There are airports nearby with Atlanta,
Nashville, Birmingham and Knoxville all within 100 miles or so and
Chattanooga has a very nice little airport.

Please give Mick Kreszock, Terry McTaggart or me a call if you have any
questions or if you need a ride from the airport. We'll see you there!

Tom Cox

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: