To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 19:20:51 +0000
Subject: [Chrysler300] We're just fuming!

Here's a bit of a vexing thing I'm looking for an answer to. When we ride down the highway in our C, we have engine fumes entering the cabin in such a concentration that it made Judy's eyes burn like crazy on the way back from Lake George. Not enough to bother me that much, but she couldn't even keep her eyes open at times. She was fine whenever she got out into fresh air.

It has to be crankcase blow by, but I don't know why it's coming inside - apparently through the heat system. And BTW it's a non-A/C car. The engine is freshly rebuilt, and there's no smoke visible coming out of the road draft tube. I also don't see any smoke at all coming from the oil fill tube. So this tells me we must be getting a pretty straight shot of whatever is coming out of the draft tube if that is the source.

Has anyone else had this happen? If so, what have you done about it? The only thing I have thought of trying is to clamp a foot or so of rubber hose on the road draft tube to send it further back. That might work, but it wouldn't fix what's really going on here.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks.
Keith Boonstra

<*> Your email settings: