[Chrysler300] Needed: Heel Pads for '64K

[Chrysler300] Needed: Heel Pads for '64K

I have obtained a new set of decent black molded loop carpet in 80%
Rayon/20% Nylon material from ACC for my '64K conv.  I asked them to not
install their standard heel pad on the front carpet  Their heel pad is
plain, flat rubber.  Now, I'm looking for a pair of '64K heel pads.  These
are rubber with seven aluminum strips in each and will be sewn to the
carpet.  My K did not have one stitch of carpet in it when I got it, so I'm
starting from scratch on the pads.  I hope someone has saved one or two of
these heel pads in decent shape.  I'd even take a damaged item in order to
start a reproduction project.  What do you have in the back of your
warehouse?  And, what is the interchangeability of these pads with other
year 300's?

BTW, we've found a satisfactory reproduction Bowden cable that connects the
turn signal arm to the electrical turn signal switch at the lower end of the
tilt column in the car.  It is an accurate reproduction of a rather
problematic turn signal system on the Saginaw tilt column first offered in
1964.  It is the same cable used in '64 (shudder) Impalas.  Length of cable
wire and shield is critical to operation of this system.  Let me know if you
want details.

C-300-K'ly,

Rich Barber

1801 Redwine Terrace